Electrical Product Safety Recalls in Canberra are important especially in keeping your homes and properties safe from any electrical risk.
There are a few different types of safety switches that have been recalled. The following products have been recalled and may pose an electric shock risk or may result in conditions creating a fire risk.
Electrical Product Safety Recalls Canberra
Hager Electrical Product Safety Recalls
Single Module RCBO (Combination RCD & MCB)
Hager ‘mono’ range – AD310T, AD316T, AD320T & AD325T
- AD310T – 1 module RCBO 10A 30mA
- AD316T – 1 module RCBO 16A 30mA
- AD320T – 1 module RCBO 20A 30mA
- AD325T – 1 module RCBO 25A 30mA
If you discover one of these affected products (installed or in-stock) you must:
- Replace with a compliant RCBO (if installed).
- Register the installation / RCBOs using this link.
- Return the Recalled RCBO to Hager.
Hager will provide compensation for each returned, recalled RCBO, based on the Terms and Conditions available upon registration.
Lanson Electrical Product Safety Recalls
Residual Current Device combined with Miniature Over Current Circuit Breaker (RCBO), 6kA, single-pole plus neutral, 240 Volt, 30 mA, 18mm din-mounted AC type in 10A, 16A, 20A, 25A & 30A.
LANRCBO610SA, LANRCBO616SA, LANRCBO620SA, LANRCBO625SA, and LANRCBO632SA sold by L&H/Auslec between 16 September 2010 and 5 November 2010.
- The products failed the 6-kA short circuit test in contravention of the relevant mandatory standard.
- Contact L&H Group to arrange to have the items replaced. L&H Group can be contacted by phoning 03 9697 1599 or emailing email@example.com
Mack Electrical Product Safety Recalls
Residual Current Device, 18mm din-mounted Miniature Overcurrent Circuit Breaker (RCBO) 30mA, Type AC 10A – 32A
Recall Info ACCC
MRRH-H10C, MRRH-H16C, MRRH-H20C, MRRH-H25C and MRRH-H32C
- The product failed the 6kA short circuit test in contravention of the mandatory standard.
- The entity responsible for this recall no longer exists. Owners of installations that have these products installed should engage an electrical contractor to have the product replaced.
Eaton Electrical Product Safety Recalls
Eaton Quicklag ELQ Earth Leakage Circuit Breaker
The product has a serial number on the side, from which you can be determine the date of manufacture
Period of supply of affected product:
Affected products were supplied nationally from 1 April 2004 to 15 December 2016.
- Product may result in conditions creating a fire risk.
- Property owners should check switchboards or load centres for potentially affected RCBOs. You can identify the affected models by the presence of a green test button. Products without a test button or with a white or an orange test button are not affected by this recall. See ‘How-to Identify Recalled Product Guide’ for further guidance on how to identify an affected model.
- If your RCBO is an affected model, contact Eaton using the proper registration claim available for download above. If your RCBO is a recalled product, we will contact you to arrange for its replacement.
- Contact details:
For more information about the recall, end-users and electrical contractors contact Eaton on 1800 870 851 between 9 AM to 5 PM AEST.
- Also, see article on how to identify recalled product