Although sometimes it seems basic, you may forget little things. Here are some things to consider when lights Canberra aren’t working:
- Is the globe blown? We recommend using a globe that is working from another fitting to test. If this still doesn’t work then it is most likely a blown transformer which will need to be repaired/replaced by an electrician.
- Is it an LED fitting? LED fittings generally last a long time however they can still fault from time to time. If it is an LED light it will need to be replaced by an electrician.
- Batten lights
- Is the globe blown? We recommend using a globe that is working from another fitting to test. If this still doesn’t work then it is most likely a broken connection or a more significant issue that will need to be repaired by an electrician.
- Fluorescent lights
- Is the tube blown? We recommend using a tube that is working from another fitting to test. You may also consider changing the starter in the fitting. If this still doesn’t work then it is most likely a faulty ballast/starter and will need to be repaired by an electrician.
There are many other types of lights Canberra but most of the common repairs are listed above. One last thing to check with a lighting problem – is it on at the switch?
Lights Canberra & Other Electrical Issues
If you are having any issues or doubts please don’t hesitate to call Capital Home Electrical anytime for advice or to book a repair.
Disclaimer: This guide is designed for those without electrical knowledge. The suggestions are to fault find without coming into contact with live wiring/parts. Do not remove any covers on electrical equipment. If in any doubt call an electrician and do not attempt any work yourself.
For those with basic electrical knowledge, check out our article on easy DIY electrical repairs.
– Your Favourite Electricians in Canberra