Electrical problems – Canberra electricians

Electrical problems – Canberra electricians are a pain. Read on to know the most common electrical problems and what to do about them.

1. Frequent Electrical Outages 

Electrical outages can be caused by circuits tripping, wiring problems, or a blown fuse. It’s important to consult an electrician to help you find the source of the problem. 

2. High Electricity Bill 

One good way to reduce your electricity bill is to unplug appliances, chargers, and any electrical equipment when not in use. Plugged-in equipment, even when not in use, consumes electricity, hence the increase in your electric bill. 

Damaged circuits and wiring, short-circuiting, and old equipment can also result in surges and overcharges in electricity bills. Consult an electrician to find the main cause of the problem.  

3. Overloading 

Overloading a circuit is connecting too much electrical equipment in one circuit. This can cause frequent dimming and over brightness at first, and then tripping of the breaker. In worst cases, overloaded circuits can cause electrical fires. 

What you can do: 

  • Remove devices that are not in use. 
  • Spread electrical equipment around. Don’t overburden a single circuit. 
  • Never daisy-chain power boards. 

4. Damaged light switches 

Shoddy workmanship and sub-standard products cause damaged switches. Switches that have been superseded and fixtures removed can also cause that.

Some switch mechanisms also melt inside which increases the dangers for the people who are using them.  

It’s important to call an electrician as soon as you realize that a switch has stopped working properly.  

5. Tripping circuit breakers 

Circuit breakers help protect your home whenever it detects an anomaly. Overloading often causes tripping circuit breakers. Circuit breakers can trip on high-wattage equipment like microwaves, hairdryers, irons, dishwashers, dryers, or any blenders. Finding the equipment that causes the trip will help you reduce its use, which will then prevent electrical overload.  

6. Electrical shocks 

Electrical shocks are often caused by appliances or faulty wiring and can be very serious/lethal. In most cases, instead of testing if the shock is reproducible yourself, it would be highly recommended to call an electrician to do the job for you.  
 

7. Overheating Power Outlets 

Melting in the electrical outlets is never good news. They’re often caused by overloaded circuits or damaged outlets. Overheating outlets need to be fixed as soon as possible.  

Unplug any outlet or device near the damaged circuit or shut off your electricity supply in that room if possible. Make sure to call an electrician to repair the outlet for you.  

WHAT TO DO IF PROBLEMS PERSIST 

If these electrical problems – Canberra Electricians continue to persist, consider giving us a ring. Capital Home Electrical is committed to making your home safer for your peace of mind. Safety at home is paramount, so we’ll make sure to give you the quality service that you deserve. 

Read about our services.

– Your favorite sparky in Canberra